vitbar192 ®   21-Apr-2024 10:20

Ready to Come About - A Memoir


Year: 2019
Language: English
Author: Williams S.
Publisher: Dundurn Press
ISBN: 9781459743908, 9781459743915, 9781459743922
Format: PDF/EPUB
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 351
Description: Three hundred nautical miles from shore, I‘m cold and sick and afraid. I pray for reprieve. I long for solid ground. And I can‘t help but ask myself, What the hell was I thinking?
When Sue Williams set sail for the North Atlantic, it wasn’t a mid-life crisis. She had no affinity for the sea. And she didn’t have an adventure-seeking bone in her body. In the wake of a perfect storm of personal events, it suddenly became clear: her sons were adults now; they needed freedom to figure things out for themselves; she had to get out of their way. And it was now or never for her husband, David, to realize his dream to cross an ocean. So she’d go too.
Ready to Come About is the story of a mother’s improbable adventure on the high seas and her profound journey within, through which she grew to believe that there is no gift more precious than the liberty to chart one’s own course, and that risk is a good thing … sometimes, at least.

Contents

Screenshots

Williams S. Ready to Come About - A Memoir, 2019

Download [11 KB]

Thank U
Reply
refresh list

Similar releases

Green Ghost, Blue Ocean - No Fixed Address - Smith J.M. [2020, PDF/EPUB]
Between France and New France: Life aboard the Tall Sailing Ships - Gilles Proulx [1984, PDF]
A Pearl in the Storm - How I Found My Heart in the Middle of the Ocean - McClure T.M. [2009, PDF/EPU...
Outbound - Finding a Man, Sailing an Ocean - Storandt W. [2001, PDF]
Philosophy of Sailing: Offshore in Search of the Universe - Christian Williams [2018, EPUB]
Under Sail - Riesenberg F. [2009, PDF/EPUB]
Mischief in Patagonia - Tilman H.W. [2015, PDF]
White Ensign Flying: Corvette HMCS Trentonian - Roger Litwiller [2014, EPUB]
Marco Polo: The remarkable firsthand story of the first Kiwis to sail around the world - Tony Armit ...
The Wreck of the Portland: A Doomed Ship, a Violent Storm, and New England’s Worst Maritime Disaster...
LOAD MORE
  • Reply

The time now is: Today 18:26

All times are GMT + 3 Hours