twicer ®   16-Apr-2026 17:23

Loss Prevention Guidance


Year: 2026
Language: English
Author: Britannia P&I Club
Genre: Guidance Notes
Publisher: Britannia P&I Club
Edition: April, 2026
Format: PDF
Quality: eBook
Pages count: 14
Description: Loss Prevention Guidance | General understanding of Dangerous Goods in Containers
When crew confirm a correct UN (United Nations) number is declared, matching placards are affixed, and the container is stowed according to the printed bay plan, it is easy to assume that cargo has been properly declared, and all risks have been adequately managed. However, this assumption is often flawed and relying on paper compliance alone does not guarantee accuracy in practice. This is an issue that has becoming even more prevalent and impactful with mis-declared cargoes.
In practice, the most dangerous container on board is often not the one declared as hazardous, but those that are mis-declared or undeclared. When a cargo is incorrectly declared, the cargoes inside the containers may be packed using unsuitable materials, incompatible items may be placed together, wrong placards affixed and the containers loaded without regard to the segregation and compatibility requirements set out by the International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG Code).

Contents

na

Screenshots

Dangerous Goods in Containers.pdf

Download [2 KB]

Thank U
Reply
refresh list

Similar releases

Fumigation an overview for the maritime sector - Britannia P&I Club [2023, PDF]
Guidelines for the Carriage of Charcoal and Carbon in Containers - CINS and P&I Club [2017, PDF]
Guidelines for the Safe Carriage of Charcoal in Containers - CINS [2024, PDF]
Guidelines for the Carriage of Seed Cake (including Seed Meal) in Containers, Version 2.0 - CINS [20...
Gangways - a Practical Guide - Britannia P&I Club [2024, PDF]
Guidelines for the Carriage of Seed Cake in Containers, Version 1.0 - CINS [2020, PDF]
Transport Guidance for the Prevention of Shortages for Dry Bulk Cargoes - The American Club [2025, P...
Loss Prevention Guidance - Britannia P&I Club [2026, PDF]
Managing the Risk of Blackouts - DNV [2022, PDF]
Ship to Ship (STS) transfer operation | Prepare to Abort - Britannia P&I Club [2024, PDF]
LOAD MORE
  • Reply

The time now is: Today 22:10

All times are GMT + 3 Hours